[CLUE-Admin] webserver maintenence notes

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Wed Mar 31 16:45:06 MST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:53:31 -0700
CLUE President <president at clue.denver.co.us> wrote:

> Logrotate is not running on the http access file - it contains every
> access record since we fired up this server.

That much I figured out. ;-)

The question is, whether it's running at all. If so, the proper thing for
me to do is hook into it with an appropriate conf file in
/etc/logrotate.d/, but I won't create such a file without being certain of
how (if) logrotate is being invoked.

> I agree that setting up logrotate + incremental webalizer is a good
> idea.  I'm not sure if we are using incremental (-p) switch already.
> Check the /etc/webalizer.conf (if exists)

Nope.

> or root's crontab.

No -p switch on the invocation.

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/