[clue-admin] May and June presentations

David A. Jenne dajenne at flash.net
Sat Apr 30 07:35:40 MDT 2005

Admins:

Still no KISS presentation for May or June.  Furthermore, I will be unable
to attend the May meeting.

The presentation for June will be on running Linux on IBM's Power5 RISC
processors.  The speaker is Philip Greer.  They are well aware of our desire
for technical presentations and avoiding "sales pitches".

The May presentation will be from Mike Melanson.  This topic sounds VERY
interesting, but I wanted to run it by the admin group for comments (e.g.
any liablitly or legal issues?) before Jed posts it in it's current form:

	Here is the abstract I sent to the LinuxTag folks:

Breaking Eggs And Making Omelettes: Intelligence Gathering For Open Source
Software Development

There is an ongoing information war raging on in the software world.
Despite free software developers' best efforts, new proprietary software
continues to proliferate. New techniques must be developed to efficiently
reverse engineer closed data formats so that free, interoperable solutions
can be deployed under Linux. This talk focuses on intelligence-gathering for
developing software algorithms, regardless of their difficulty or perceived
legality.

--
	-Mike Melanson