[clue-admin] Re: [NCLUG] CLUE InstallFest, 12 Feb 2005

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 11:35:16 MST 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 08:39:04 -0700, Crawford Rainwater
<crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.net> wrote:

> InstallFest for CLUE are meant for anyone and everyone from novice and
> newbie to savvy and guru to attend.
>
> Students from any university are welcomed, especially since we are
> hosted by DeVry University.  In fact we have had several students attend
> both our meetings and InstallFests on a regular basis.
>
> As for attending our meetings, anyone and everyone is welcomed to
> attend.

> As for getting students and people involved in Linux, I would actually
> encourage and extend the invitation to come to the CLUE InstallFest
> instead of not mentioning this event to your students.  I am wondering
> about your past experiences
>
> Hopefully you will decide to pass this information to your students and
> maybe attend yourself.  I hope to see you there.

[ lots of stuff snipped ]

Elizabeth,

I must agree with Crawford: CLUE members are (in my experience) always
happy to help anyone with Linux, and the CLUE installfest is designed
to help anyone with a desire to install and learn Linux or to solve
problems.

PLEASE invite your students to attend.

I can't quite grok the situation that would have led you and/or your
students to believe that you are not welcome at installfests; I only
know that you are mistaken.

Be there or be square.

--
 Collins Richey