[clue-admin] User setup for "member" accounts

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 17:23:20 MST 2005

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:14:42 -0700, Jed S. Baer <thag at frii.com> wrote:

> Haven't tried it with "authorized_keys".

it (namely authentication) works with authorized_keys

> Collins, I'm not sure what you mean by "Copied the ...authorized_keys2
> file". If you copied authorized_keys2 from one machine to another, that
> won't work (unless you originally copied the pub DSA/RSA key to to the
> authorized_keys2 file that you subsequently copied to your target server.

Sorry this was shorthand for

1. scp .ssh/id_dsa.pub [my user where I setup the keys]
junk at dlue.denver.co.us:/home/junk/.ssh/authorized_keys2

discovered this wouldn't work, then did on the clue server

2. sudo mv /home/junk/.ssh/authorized_keys2 /home/junk/.ssh/authorized_keys

> Guess I'll play with this a bit later tonight, even if you do get it
> working, cuz there's stuff about ssh that I need to learn anyway. Right
> now, FWIW, I'm trying to restore an old battered Sabatier chef's knife to
> good working order. Never have I had so much trouble getting an edge on
> steel. Must be some hard stuff -- which is unusual for most kitchen
> knives.
>
> > Second, I'd bet sftp isn't configured (I can't look in sshd_config).
>
> Actually, it is, and it works. (For me, anyway.)

To summarize my results again:

1. Authentication is working fine
2. sftp just quits after successful PK authentication but not after
standard password authentication to a user with login capability.

--
 Collins