[clue-admin] User setup for "member" accounts

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 09:50:54 MST 2005

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 22:18:40 -0700, Jed S. Baer <thag at frii.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:54:01 -0700
> Collins Richey wrote:
>
> > Yeah, I saw this one, too.
> >
> > FYI, either there's not an available RPM for FC3 for either scponly or
> > rssh (I did a 'sudo yum search ...'), or we don't have a complete set
> > of RPM repositories defined for yum. Would you like to check that out?

[ various rpm sources snipped ]

I installed and tested an rssh rpm (FC2). /usr/bin/rssh has the same
problem as /bin/rbash and a few others: sftp has no problem
authenticating, but disconnects immediately.

None of the rpm sources for any distro have scponly 4.0, and all
versions prior to this have a major security fault. Unfortunately, I
can't even get the source for 4.0, inasmuch as the only source is the
scponly homepage (www.sublimation.org) and that site is not
responding.

--
 Collins