[clue-admin] User setup for "member" accounts

Jed S. Baer thag at frii.com
Tue Jan 4 12:23:28 MST 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 07:23:19 -0700
Collins Richey wrote:

> > Anyhow there should be no experimentation on a production server.  The
> > reason is if you make changes to files and get it half way working you
> > most likely will not back out changes and keep trying until you got it
> > working. Now if you are unlucky you got it working without the first
> > changes, which you have not backed out (uuuups).  So you have to wipe
> > the system and make only the changes you have to make to be save.

And, it plays havoc with Tripwire reports. As packages get added, Tripwire
notes the addition, and then complains when the package is removed.

> All of this is fine and dandy, but we don't have the luxury of an
> alternate testing server.

You should be able to test this with your home machine, if you don't mind
having the packages installed there.

As in 'ssh -l testlogin localhost'. I'll be doing this a little later
myself, once I get sshd installed. See what happens when you get me
curious?

http://s88369986.onlinehome.us/freedomsight/
Key fingerprint = B027 FEFB 4281 CC72 67D1  4237 F2D0 D356 077A A30E