[clue-admin] Re: CLUE email update

David Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Sun Jun 19 12:58:35 MDT 2005

Jeff Cann wrote:
> Admins,
>
> [I also sent this to the clue-admin list]
>
> Email is flowing through CLUE, just not to everyone.  I have searched the net
> for answers to our log output.  So, far everything is checking out.  At this
> point, some members receive email and others do not.  For example, I can
> receive email from clue at this comcast.net account, but not my isuma.org
> account.
>
> I'm going to search some things on http://www.dnsstuff.com/ which is a site I
> just learned about today.  Pending those results, I'll either be contacting
> Crawford about contacting covad or contacting the postfix users list.

Sorry I can't reply to list mails, anselmi.us is one of the places not
getting deliveries.

I think this is a network problem at our server end of things.  It is
not postfix.  It is not DNS on the server.  I expect it is related to
the flakiness I see with ssh and html although I don't know why mail to
isuma.org is less flaky than to anselmi.us.

I've one more thing to check out and then I'll send details of what I've
tested (hopefully tonight).  But if anyone is investigating in the
meantime I'd be checking the network at Linux-ETC, especially the
firewall (that's a good place to sniff to narrow the problem down to
inside our network or outside).

Sorry I don't have time for more right now.