[clue-admin] [Fwd: [PPLUG] From Red Hat to LUGs: greetings, updates, requests]

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Feb 21 20:16:40 MST 2006

Crawford Rainwater wrote:
[...]
>> * Fedora Ambassadors.  As the open source story continues to grow
>> stronger, we're looking for more and more people to tell that story.
[...]
>>Second, the Red Hat Summit.  This is basically a straight-up sales pitch:
>>come join us in Nashville from May 30 - June 2, 2006.  Specifically for
>>LUG members, the cost of attendance is $699, which includes a hotel room
>>for four nights, meals, and attendance at the Red Hat sessions and evening
>>entertainment events.

At that price I would so love to go to this and wear a Debian shirt the
whole time. ;-)  Pity the web site is down at the moment, I'll probably
forget to check who the luminaries are (I'm curious since they seem to
think the "open source story" is Red Hat's to tell).

Might be cool to get someone (Collins?) signed up as an ambassador
though to get door prize stuff.

[...]
>>Third, I'd like to gauge your interest in a Fedora roadshow.

Sure, sign us up.  I'm sure there are a fair number of people who would
enjoy that.