[clue-admin] Backups

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 07:19:29 MST 2006

On Saturday 25 February 2006 10:05 pm, David L. Anselmi wrote:
> Something like rdiff-backup might be better for this, where only changed
> files are transferred and rsync can transfer only the changed blocks.

I thought rsync only sends changed / different files.  So after the first
'full' backup of 75 MB, the next rsync would only send diffs.  I'm not sure
that rsync only sends changed blocks.  Plus rsync can compress on the fly...

"The summit of happiness is reached when a person is ready to be what he is."
  - Erasmus