[clue-admin] KISS Session ---> Desktop Linux 101

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:29:40 MST 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 11:47 pm, Todd Trichler wrote:
> Here is a Tentative list...    Desktop Linux 101 series  6:30pm-7:00pm
> Feb 7th  : Impress = I've used this quite a bit for work and would be
> willing to kick it off.
> March 7th : Calc = suggest we get John to volunteer who was with us last
> night, he has done some interesting stuff with calc
> April 11th : Writer = Presenter ??
> May 9th : Base = Presenter ??
> June 13th : Firefox = Presenter ??
> July11th : Thunderbird = Presenter ??
> Aug 8th : Tour of KDE = Presenter ??
> Sept 12th : Tour of Gnome = Presenter ??
> Oct 10th : Evolution = Presenter ??
> Nov 14th : Kopete vs GAIM = Presenter(s) tagteam  ??
> Dec 12th : Burning CDs : K3B? love to see someone showcase this app :D:D
> we will have to come up with some catchy titles and descriptions

Todd - I like the list.  My only addition is Kmail or Thunderbird email client
[in addition to evolution].

 I've got two possible speakers after your presentation.  We can continue to
solicit until we have the slots full.

Also, I'll put together information for the web site on the 'Desktop Linux
101' presentations and I will feature it in our DTC meeting announcements.

Thanks for helping put this together and for the great idea!

Social justice cannot be attained by violence.
Violence kills what it intends to create.
   - Pope John Paul II