[clue-admin] Unable to publish.

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Jul 2 20:07:05 MDT 2007

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Sat, 19 May 2007 08:06:10 -0600
> David L. Anselmi wrote:
>
>> Maybe this corresponds to an apache upgrade?
>
> Yep, /var/log/yum.log shows a big bunch of updates may 18th.
>
> I've never understood why the RPM packagers think that anything in
> /var/www needs to be owned by root, or why they should change permission
> set by the system admins for such files.

So it appears there was an update this morning that made /var/www
root.root 755.  I changed it to apache.apache and that makes the publish
script work again.

Perhaps we should file a bug to stop this happening?  Anyone want to
look at the RPMs to figure out a patch?

Or we could move the clue root somewhere that the RH guys won't mess
with it.