[clue-admin] Unable to publish.

Jed S. Baer cluemail-jsb at freedomsight.net
Mon Jul 2 21:54:28 MDT 2007

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:07:05 -0600
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> So it appears there was an update this morning that made /var/www
> root.root 755.  I changed it to apache.apache and that makes the publish
> script work again.
>
> Perhaps we should file a bug to stop this happening?  Anyone want to
> look at the RPMs to figure out a patch?

Well, I dl'd the http...i386 rpm, ran it through rpm2cpio, then attempted
to "copy in" from that file. Didn't work, but after I captured stderr and
scanned through the list of filenames, I couldn't find anything that
looked like a [pre|post]-install script. I could easily have missed it
though.

So, I installed the source rpm. No joy there either. There is a
build/install.sh script, which appears as if it could be invoked in a
manner to change ownership of something.

Probably easier to start by doing some searches on some mailing list
someplace.

> Or we could move the clue root somewhere that the RH guys won't mess
> with it.

Well, that would seem to be the path of least resistance.