[clue-admin] Hosting the CLUE-Jobs list

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 19:48:43 MDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Jed S. Baer <cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net>
wrote:

> Hi Folks.
>
> I know we've talked about this before. The question of hosting the
> CLUE-Jobs list on the CLUE server has come up again. I don't have any
> ideological objections, but perhaps there are some practical
> considerations.

I'm in favor of moving it.  The last time [5 years ago?] I asked about this
the reply then was about using the file upload area for sharing resumes.
There are exactly zero resumes posted AFAIK.

The only negatives are:

1.  It is really easy to find for people on Yahoo!
2.  It is really easy for non-techie people like recruiters to post to the
list.

Of course, if we make this a completely moderated list [like it is now on
Yahoo] #2 probably goes away.  We could, however, make a 'how to post a job
to cluejobs' page on the web site.

> Perhaps it'll make list participants more aware of CLUE activities.

That is probably the best thing.

Read my blog at http://www.isuma.org/