[clue-admin] DTC Feb Meeting

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Mon Feb 11 10:05:58 MST 2008

> > Can we make a decision?
> >
> > Allow me to be a bit grumpy about this. As Webmaster, I see my
> > responsibility as that of conveying to the membership accurate
> > information about CLUE, and its activities, and do so in a manner which
> > provides adequate notice for planning of whatever might attend to
> > participation. For example, if a member needs to hire a babysitter in
> > order to attend, I think it's reasonable to have degree of advance
> > notice, such that a member can judge whether the event in question is
> > worth that expense, and do so in time to retain a sitter.
> >
> > There's also the issue of having a conference room reserved which we wind
> > up not using. I don't know whether that's a big deal to Oracle, but it
> > seems a bit inconsiderate to me.
> >
> > I don't know what happened at the last meeting, as I didn't attend. At
> > the meeting before that, we cancelled the formal meeting and just headed
> > for the Marriot, and only 4 or 5 people showed up.
> >
> > I won't belabor the point further -- right now anyway. I will belabor it
> > more if it continues to be a problem.
> >
> > jed

I thought I had found a speaker on Friday but he backed out.  So my talking about licensing, and GPL V3 in particular, will be the topic.  I'm not a lawyer, but the GPL is not hard to understand.

I'm trying to draw up a list of potential topics.  I would like a few of them to be basic, like showing people how to set up SSH.  I hope that a few souls will decide that they can tackle a few of them.

I don't know if I should handle topics for CLUE North or if they should do that.  Maybe we can try to coordinate any speakers we manage to find.