[clue-admin] DTC Feb Meeting

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Feb 11 12:31:12 MST 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:05:58 +0000
dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:

> I don't know if I should handle topics for CLUE North or if they should
> do that.  Maybe we can try to coordinate any speakers we manage to find.

The role of CLUE-North coordinator has varied quite a bit over time. Most
recently, Jeff has been asking speakers to give presentations at both
meetings, and I think that certainly this is a reasonable thing to do.
However, the job of finding/scheduling for North used to be part of the
role of North Coordinator, and I think it still should be, because
otherwise, you have one person trying to fill, potentially, 24 speaking
slots in a year. Certainly both the North and DTC admins can share
contacts here, and if Zach finds someone to do a North meeting, he can
ask that person to also speak at the DTC meeting, and forward that
person's info to Jeff, or whomever takes on that role later. But if the
DTC speaker coordinator is unable to schedule a speaker who can also do
North in the same month, the North coordinator should still be trying to
get someone scheduled. (And vice-versa)

None of the above should be construed as my saying that all the work of
finding speakers should fall only on the 2 respective admins. Obviously,
anyone who knows of someone who can make a presentation will contact
either/both of the Coordinators with that information.