[clue-admin] More Postfixing

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Jul 23 20:49:51 MDT 2008

Hi Folks.

Trying a few more things in Postfix.

One is restricting certain addresses to receipt of local main only. This
is unwieldy, due to the excessively large number of psuedo-accounts by
default in the /etc/aliases file, but I'm curious about how much crap
might be coming in, so I'm spot-checking. Really, I see no reason for 90%
of those aliases, and I'm tempted to just eliminate them altogether.
Except that I think if I eliminated them, then mail to them would get
accepted and then bounced, as opposed to rejected at SMTP time, and the
latter is more efficient. No idea how much junk comes in for some of
those.

Another thing I just did is some minimal rejection based on file
extensions for content. No, I didn't get all luddite "e-mail is text",
and reject image files. Though of course I'm sorely tempted to do so. :)

Anyways, holler if you notice anything not going through that should.