[clue-admin] Mail issues

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Sat Mar 15 11:11:06 MDT 2008

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:06:37 -0600 (MDT)
Crawford Rainwater wrote:

> > Is there any chance we can find a mail expert to set something up
> > such
> > that log messages from mailman and postfix, which need human
> > intervention, get noticed by a human? (And, hopefully, be the
> > recipient
> > of the output of whatever filter performs that task.)
> >

> LogWatch for the system was being forwarded to Linux ETC.  This does
> include the Postfix portion as well, though with the Comcast issues, it
> is a bit unclear what is also being "diverted" some as well.  If
> someone else (preferably non-Comcast.net domain and ISP) wishes to also
> receive a second copy, please advise me directly and I can add that
> email to the receive list.

I might take you up on that. Can you forward to me, offlist, a copy of
one day's output?

My line of thinking is that the more volunteers we have working on admin
tasks, the easier it is on each. More generally, I'd like to have some
mechanism in place for knowing when issues arise, so that I can put a
notice up on the website, for example if someone notices they aren't
getting any list traffic, they can check the website, and see that we're
working on a block issue, or whatever.