[clue-admin] Re: FW: 5410 Mailman moderator request(s) waiting

Jeff Cann jccann at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:59:16 MDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:57 AM, <dennisjperkins at comcast.net> wrote:

> I get an error whenever I try to deal with this.

Dennis,

The reason this is causing an error is that the list of held messages is too
large to perform this operation from the web interface.

Here's what you do from command line to remove these messages - use the
mailman 'discard' utility:

$ sudo su - root
# cd /var/lib/mailman
# find data -name heldmsg-mailman-\* -print | xargs
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/discard
Discarded held msg #7905 for list mailman

This is a slightly different command line than what is documented in the
mailman FAQ as our system has things setup differently than the default
mailman install - the program files are in /usr/lib/mailman and the data
files are in /var/lib/mailman.  Here's the FAQ entry for this issue:

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.074.htp

I went ahead and ran it on our system tonight and removed the 5K of held
messages.

Also, I will [later tonight] change the settings of each list to not hold
pending moderator requests.  I'm not sure why I left the default to hold
moderator requests.

Read my blog at http://www.isuma.org/