[clue-admin] Future Hosting Plans

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Thu Dec 3 19:03:28 MST 2009

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 17:54:47 -0700
> Greg Knaddison wrote:
>
>> Lots of people dislike Dreamhost
>
> /me raises hand.
>
> YMMV, and all that. My experience was they sucked.

What?  Availability?  Support?  Performance?  Features?

> One of the first questions we need to address, before making plans, is
> how we'll pay for anything.

That seems like the opposite direction from your original post.  But sure, we can discuss that.  I'd
be up for donating if it was tax deductible...

> Our VPSLink account is $250/year.

So dreamhost is less than half that.

The only plan I see is $8.95/mo (paid 2yrs up front).  But it has a lot of stuff.

They do free hosting for non-profits.  We've said the paperwork isn't worth it but perhaps we could
farm it out amongst several.  Is it worth $200+?  Is it worth what I'd be inclined to contribute?