Separation and priority of tasks (was Re: [clue-admin] Notes from Tuesday meeting)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Dec 15 20:54:10 MST 2009

----- Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:45 PM, Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> manual but happens relatively quickly. I suggest that we renew at
> the
> >> current level and upgrade if/when necessary.
> >>

> > The reason for upgrading was so that we could experiment with mysql
> > based CMS or other products.
> >

> Sure, and I think we should experiment (perhaps at meetings) and
> upgrade when we decide to go ahead with one of those solutions. I'd
> be
> happy to help with another web-app comparison meeting to help get
> this
> rolling but given that the order of the day is fewer volunteer hours
> rather than more and less money rather than more, let's be
> conservative with our spending of both volunteer sysadmin time and
> hosting money.
>
> Regards,
> Greg

If Greg is thinking Drupal for a CMS (which I am guessing by default since he is a Drupal guy ;-)) a VPSLink-2 can handle this for reference.  Linux ETC's site is using Drupal as the base with MySQL in the backend.

Now adding Mailman and such, yes a VPSLink-3 would be better I admit for such for the SpamAssassin and other various filters Jed and Jeff Cann put into place.  I believe most of the RAM utilization goes towards this in all honesty versus the Apache side.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA