[clue-admin] VPSLink account

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Thu Jan 15 12:27:14 MST 2009

David and others:

The VPSLink account was established after CLUE went through quite a few "hosting groups" and "co-location" groups (local and non-local) to see about hosting the former CLUE Server.  This server was "hand me down" and "donated" parts which eventually hit their end of life.  VPSLink has, minus their usual maintenance, been up 99.9% of the time and is a virtual private server using OpenVZ as the platform.  This has also been at a much lower cost overall to CLUE as a whole.

Since I recall the renewal would be up shortly and being the CLUE Server Sys Admin, I wanted to see about migrating it to a different VPSLink base for upgrade purposes, hence the request.  I did not want to bog down the list on this topic much since this can be done for the most part transparent and quickly with little interruption of the CLUE web site and Mailman lists.

Hopefully that helps clarify things since VPSLink is not associated with Linux ETC nor myself.

--- Crawford