[clue-admin] Is CLUE-Announce now "open"?

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Jul 20 18:14:44 MDT 2009

dennisjperkins at comcast.net wrote:
> I agree that is should be closed. Announcements only.
>
> I'm not sure if it is a good idea for reply-to to go to the poster.
> Maybe it would be better if reply-to messages are posted to one of
> the other lists so everyone can see the post.

I should have thought first.  I meant we shouldn't set a reply-to.  The
only sensible place to globally redirect replies would be to -announce,
which we wouldn't allow to go through.

Without a header set replies will go to the sender.  Or, if the sender
knows replies should go to a specific list he could set reply-to himself
(which would assume that repliers are subscribed to that list).

But it probably isn't worth much thought.  Pick something and see who
complains.