[clue-admin] Is CLUE-Announce now "open"?

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Jul 20 18:41:46 MDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:14:44 -0600
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> But it probably isn't worth much thought.  Pick something and see who
> complains.

Interesting. I just checked the '[clue-announce] 25 July installfest',
and find no "Reply-To:" header. Also, looking at the list settings, the
current setting for "replies to list" is "Poster", not list. Even
stranger, when I hit the reply button, my MUA replies to the list, not
the From: address. Hmmm. Well, tangental, but I guess Sylpheed is
auto-detecting mailing lists, and using the list as reply by default
(though it does give me "Reply to Sender" as a drop-down option. So, I
wonder whether other MUAs are doing this as well.

At any rate, since I'm sitting in the Admin interface, I'll set it to
moderate all replies.

One other possibility is to set an explicit Reply-To: of
"noreply at cluedenver.org". That way, any replies will bounce at SMTP time,
instead of being processed by Mailman. Dunno if that's the best solution,
but it might alert respondents to their MUA doing the wrong thing.