[clue-admin] Upgrade Woes: CLUE Impact

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Oct 5 20:08:13 MDT 2009

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 22:34:46 -0600
Jed S. Baer wrote:

> Well, my upgrade to Jaunty went terribly awry. Until I can get various
> things restored from backup and reconfigured, there will be no nightly
> rsync backup of the CLUE server.

Took me a while to get around to it, but I've got my nightly rsync and
cvs update going again.

> I could mention that I won't be retrieving the Postmaster mail, and
> logwatch messages for a bit either, but I was doing that only
> sporadically anyway.

I'm actually disinclined to set this up again. Even when I had kmail up
and configured for IMAP, I found that the interval at which I was
retrieving messages was growing increasingly longer. The majority of it
is SPAM, which is pretty well filtered by Spamassassin, but some does get
through. Postmaster is delivered to root, which is delivered to my inbox
on the CLUE server. So I get root's mail too, which, other than spam,
consists of logwatch and crontab reports. Except I haven't 'gotten' it
lately, because it's just sitting there on the server in my IMAP folders.

We really should have somebody checking postmaster mail. Anyone up for
it? All you have to do is have an IMAP client, and be willing to sift
through things regularly.