[clue-admin] [ADMIN] Those who want to determine the hosting provider... raise your hands

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Thu Dec 16 16:24:38 MST 2010

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:15:06 -0700
YES NOPE9 wrote:

> Those who want to determine the hosting provider... raise your hands
>
> ==Hosting can cost from zero dollars to $210 per year.
> ==Hosting can be very basic or have lots of gee-whiz features.
> ==Hosting can be set up so that a few priests manage it or it
> can simpler so that tech unsophisticates can participate.
>
> If YOU want to help choose the hosting provider and configuration
> details, then say so at this time.
>
>  The last analysis of hosting
> was last year ( per Jed Baer ).  Things have changed a lot inside
> and outside the club since then.

This is the start of a requirements document. Dave A was going to pretty
it up some. As far as I know, the only thing which has changed is that
we're now on CentOS 5, and I think Xen, as opposed to OpenVZ.

http://cluedenver.org/pipermail/clue-admin/2009-December/003598.html

Actually, in terms of basic or having lots of features, the above posting
spells out mostly what our requirements are. Before we go off looking for
hosting services, we should know better where we're going, as this will
influence what we need to look for in terms of RAM, processing, HD space,
and bandwidth.

As to things which might have changed a lot, I'd like to see that
documented.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?