[clue-admin] e: [ADMIN] Those who want to determine the hosting provider... raise your hands

David "Barahon" Willson DLWillson at TheGeek.NU
Sat Dec 18 15:48:03 MST 2010

Well, we could save $200 bucks if we move to AWS for a year.

Sent via David's Droid X.

-----Original message-----
From: "Jed S. Baer" <cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net>
To: clue-admin at cluedenver.org
Sent: Sat, Dec 18, 2010 22:40:06 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: [clue-admin] e: [ADMIN] Those who want to determine the hosting
provider... raise your hands

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010 13:42:21 -0700 (MST)
David L. Willson wrote:

> I wasn't suggesting an immediate, emergency-style migration. I was
> suggesting pay VPSLink for 90 days. Then, we've got 90 days to plan and
> execute a migration.

Sorry if I've missed it in all the comments, but what is the reason for
migrating away from VPSlink? I recall some earlier comments from Crawford
about a few potential problems relating to a merger or sale or something,
but I don't think we've seen any issues so far.

Is there a something about using a VPS which we expect to no longer
serve our needs?

Is there something specific about SPRY VPSLink which is technically
deficient?

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?