[clue-admin] [ADMIN] Those who want to determine the hosting provider... raise your hands

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sun Dec 19 12:52:15 MST 2010

----- "David \"Barahon\" Willson"<DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote: -----

> Well, we could save $200 bucks if we move to AWS for a year.
>
> Sent via David's Droid X.

I will raise my concerns of a VPS vs. a "cloud" once again.  Moving to a "cloud" (Amazon or Company X) is a shared "container", thus potentially open access to others within the same "cloud".  A VPS on the other hand is a private container for CLUE access only.

Price tag wise though, understandable option.

Personal issues with Amazon's policies and cloud are not listed nor noted here, but those who have read Slashdot recently (as in the past week or so) will have noted them.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA