[clue-admin] CLUE Charter 0.0.1 2010-12-20

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Mon Dec 20 20:58:55 MST 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:29:40 -0700 (MST)
David L. Willson wrote:

> CLUE Officers will be elected by show of hands at the January meeting
> each year.

Further thoughts on this. Considering that I don't recall there ever
being more than one volunteer for any vacancy, I'm not sure of the
utility of elections to start with.

However ...

If there are going to be elections, then there are questions re. how to
fill mid-term vacancies, or what to do if the lone candidate fails to
garner a plurality (or majority as the case might be) of votes. And then
further questions of how to remove office holders in cases of
malfeasance, misfeasance, or non-feasance in office.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?