[clue-admin] CLUE Charter 0.0.1 2010-12-20

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Dec 20 23:58:15 MST 2010

Collins Richey wrote:
> I would love to see the GNU/Linux moniker sink into oblivion. After all, we're not CGLUE!

I don't mind being accurate, especially in a document like this, especially in the way David worded it.

I agree that GNU/Linux is a mouthful, and not suitable for some marketing purposes (hence our
liberties in being CLUE).  But it's a fact that most of what you care about is GNU, not Linux.

Debian can hardly call their distro built around the FreeBSD kernel "Linux".  So they call it Debian
GNU/FreeBSD.  And yes, if they get serious about marketing it they'll need a spiffier brand.