[clue-admin] CLUE Charter 0.0.1 2010-12-20

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 20:32:48 MST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:29 AM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> I'm still looking for input, but here it is, after considering all suggestions.

My twopennorth.

> [Purpose]
>
> CLUE exists to create opportunities for education, socialization, and support between between users and enthusiasts of the Linux (or GNU/Linux) operating system.

I prefer the existing verbiage (with one modification) on the website

"Colorado Linux Users & Enthusiasts (CLUE) is the Linux User's Group
(LUG) for the Denver metro area. Our goal is simple: we advocate the
Linux operating system. Our advocacy is achieved by social gatherings
and dissemination of information about Linux and other Free and Open
Source software."

I would love to see the GNU/Linux moniker sink into oblivion. After
all, we're not CGLUE!

Wording.

> CLUE provides bi-monthly Installfests where Linux enthusiasts can help one another with technical problems. Installfests activities are not restricted to installation, but should be Linux related.

Wording.

--
Collins Richey