[clue-admin] CLUE Charter 0.0.1 2010-12-20

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Mon Dec 20 23:43:34 MST 2010

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> Given that the -Tech mailing list is open to any FOSS technical topic, I think we're de-facto
> exceeding the scope of Linux already, though the boundaries are perhaps fuzzy. I wouldn't want
> to, e.g., get discussions on administering Apache on Win7.

I've been surprised in the past month that the question of Linux-only vs. Free Software has come up.
  Given that it's GNU/Linux and kernel specific posts are most likely the minority the precedent
seems obvious to me.  But I don't know much about the people who asked.

I don't mind questions about Apache on Win7 because I expect that they are primarily about Apache
and the Win7 part would be incidental (but maybe noticeable).  Of course if you ask "how do I run
Apache as a service on Win 7" then the answer is probably a) read the FAQ, and b) why the heck do
you ask a Linux group that?  But I would be amused if someone had an answer.