[clue-admin] Email Lists Referendum

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Dec 21 15:38:46 MST 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 20:43:45 -0700
Collins Richey wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Greg Knaddison
> <Greg at growingventuresolutions.com> wrote:
> > I'll vote for Current. IMO, anything else is suicide and would drive
> > away our already dwindling membership.
> >

> I don't see why it is "suicide". A single list hasn't been a problem
> for BLUG.

http://lug.boulder.co.us/lists.html

They have 3 lists.

Some perhaps relevant quotes from the BLUG site:

http://lug.boulder.co.us/faq.html -- "We really try to keep the
signal-to-noise ratio high on our mailing lists."

http://lug.boulder.co.us/lists.html -- "Off-topic Conversation

This is where unrelated conversation can occur; topics that many Linux
users might be interested in but has little to do with Linux in
particular, should be posted here instead of the general discussion list."

discussions on the Linux operating system, in particular for users in and
around the Boulder Colorado, USA area."

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?