[clue-admin] Email Lists

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Dec 21 16:07:01 MST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:35:33 -0700 (MST)
David L. Willson wrote:

> Please review the following. If you feel you can do better, please
> return a draft. I'd like to have this "blue book" text done and sent to
> CLUE-Announce sometime today.

I'll offer another compromise, which perhaps provides sufficent
segregation for those who want such.

Merge -Tech, -Admin, and -Announce. This list is about Linux/FOSS and the
business of CLUE, which is all topically related. I note that IIRC, the
-Admin list was created because of the concern that people might want to
just talk tech, and not be bothered with administrative natterings.
However, given concerns that people don't know about -Announce, and might
not think to subscribe to -Admin, well, then maybe it'll be just easier
to have the _ONE_ CLUE list which we can reasonably expect everyone to be
subscribed to. We might reasonably expect announcements to have a
significantly distinguishable subject line.

-Talk and -Jobs stay separate. This goes to what BLUG calls the
signal/noise ratio, and I think it's appropriate to be concerned about
that. There is, after all, a reason why I unsubscribed from -Talk a while
back. And, if we're successful in revitalizing the group, we might well
expect list volume to increase back to the levels where this will be a
larger issue than it now is.

Whether I would vote for the above over keeping the lists separate, well
maybe -- I mainly propose it as something I could live with, as opposed
to the other options so far provided other than keeping the lists as they
currently are.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?