[clue-admin] Email Lists Referendum

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Tue Dec 21 19:35:00 MST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 19:30:51 -0700
Greg Knaddison wrote:

> Then I just plain don't understand how you build energy with some of
> the current suggested actions (a vote that requires attendance makes
> mailing list members second class citizens, merging things to one
> list).

I'd like to see this point expanded on. And I'll add the question of how
having elections for clue admin positions furthers it as well.
Considering that, in my experience (since 2001) there hasn't been more
than 1 volunteer at a time (if that) for any given position.

Consider that in 2001 and for a while, we had standing-room-only
meetings. The website and mailing lists were functionally the same as
they are now. So what's changed that has resulted in lower participation?

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?