[clue-admin] [clue-talk] VPS renewal challenged by ZNZ

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Fri Dec 24 12:52:17 MST 2010

> > Neither Crawford or Jed Baer appear to be burned out. They do want to
> > spend $210 of CLUE money versus ZNZ.

I really hope that people will keep in mind that people's time is worth
more than nothing. Yes, hosting costs money. Migrating costs time. I
haven't kept track of how much time it takes me to plan, organize,
implement, test, and fix the pieces I do when we migrate, but it's more
than a couple of hours. And that's just me. There's Crawford's time, and
Dave's time. So, how much is sysadmin time worth? Try hiring one some
time. This isn't about $200 vs. free.

As far as burnout goes, there are some things I got very tired of. And
some things I'm perfectly happy to continue doing, but would hand off
too. I'm not going to endlessly recapitulate all this, because that is
one thing which I'm certainly tired of. It is, in fact, easier to just
say, "Okay, I'm done now", even though I might still have things I could
be doing.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?