[clue-admin] Mailman migration.

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Mon Jan 11 06:58:56 MST 2010

----- "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:

> The mailman archives and list pages are available on the new server.
>
> When we cut over I think we need to stop the old mailman, sync the
> files in /var/lib/mailman, and
> start the new one.
>
> Postfix is running on the new server.  I've stopped apache and mailman
> for now.
>
> I'm not sure how much more testing I can do without a name (with A and
> MX records) to use in DNS.
> Does the new server have any DNS entries?  Obviously testing when we
> cut over would be good.
>
> You can stop reading now, the rest is just notes for me to remember.
>
> Dave

Dave and Jed:

Thanks for the assistance on migrating things over from "old" to "new".

Dave on the testing this will require Roy to update the DNS entries since that is his department.  I would like an announcement to go out to the lists that things will be changed so folks can expect some delays and "silence" for up to 48 hours for the DNS to propagate around with the updates.  Any proposed date for this to be done?

Also on the Mailman admin side I had access to it along with Dennis.  Dennis shall we keep the same password as before?

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA