[clue-admin] Mailman migration.

rjohnston at denverinternet.com rjohnston at denverinternet.com
Mon Jan 11 19:51:06 MST 2010

On January 12, 2010 at 2:29 AM "David L. Anselmi" <anselmi at anselmi.us> wrote:
> If Roy can give us a name (different than what we use now) with an A and MX
> record I'd be able to
> send mail to it and see what happens.  Something like newserver.cluedenver.org
> or whatever.  May not
> be perfect but would help a bit.
>
> > I would like an announcement to go out to the lists that things will be
> > changed so folks can
> > expect some delays and "silence" for up to 48 hours for the DNS to propagate
> > around with the
> > updates.  Any proposed date for this to be done?
>
> I'd say the web site has to be up.  That's easier to test so shouldn't be a
> problem.  Do we care
> about any other services in particular?
>
> I don't have any particularly good time to work on this further but if we
> could get some temporary
> DNS entries I could test things by the weekend.  So then I'd have Sat or Sun
> night to work on it if
> we go live before that, or I'd find some time early next week.

If you'll send me the zone file or IP I can turn on your new name.
I can't switch the MX record until you're sure you have all mail services set up
- because it will route all mail to the new IP as soon as TTL expires.
If you're running DNS locally, you should be able to run a test before being
smacked with all of it at once.
...R