[clue-admin] DNS A NAME migration

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Jan 12 12:17:56 MST 2010

Folks:

Just as an update, I have emailed Jed, David A., and Roy off list to see if things are ready for this part.

In regards to the MX records since David W. mentioned such, the email lists would be turned off for a day or so on the "old" system so that Mailman will not archive things on it.  As the DNS MX records propagate, the emails will start hitting the "new" system and Mailman would pick it up from there.  I suspect this would be minor for most, but I rather advise all lists subscribers first so that we do not have "Is the list down..." topics hit. ;-)

As usual, I get this list in Digest format so pardon any delays in responses.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA