[clue-admin] CLUE-Jobs list guidelines and thoughts

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 19:04:48 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:24 PM, Crawford Rainwater
<crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com> wrote:
> Todd makes a valid point since that is what my thoughts and position initially were.
>
> However, Dennis has a good point that "maybe" this position might be of interest to the members out there.
>
> But then I am swaying back towards Todd because what makes CLUE "CLUE"?  Answer: Linux and Open Source enthusiasts.
>
> Another reason I am bringing this up is that the Boulder LUG had a posting
> from a group that I rejected initially since it was development work from
> outside of the Linux and Open Source spectrum.  When I read the posting,
> there was a few harsh words about the rejection which I will accept full
> responsibility for.  Thus, I figured ask the masses for some input first, then
> decide.

1. My $.02. I don't see the need to filter by type of job offering.
Yes we are interested in Linux and FOSS stuff, but there may be those
of us who desperately need work to put food on the table and can't be
quite so choosy. Those who are offended can simply apply the X key.
Some, like myself, may not ever see the offers (not subscribed to the
Jobs list). I have to deal with software from the dark side every day
at work, but it's a job. I can see good reason for declining non-linux
posts to the main clue list, but not when it comes to jobs.

2. It would be oh so lovely if folks would learn to trim their posts.

--
Collins Richey