[clue-admin] Publishing the web site.

Jed S. Baer cluemail at jbaer.cotse.net
Wed Mar 10 16:26:51 MST 2010

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 22:45:29 -0700
David L. Anselmi wrote:

> > Are you implying we should access the admin area via https, using a
> > self-signed certificate? Shouldn't be hard to set up.
>
> That's better than nothing.  It would be interesting to look into
> OpenCA or whoever those free CA guys are.  Someone at Tummy is a
> certifier for them.  I'd like to be more involved in all that web of
> trust kind of stuff.  But like I said I'm too lazy.

Might be something I could poke at. I think it'd be mainly a mod_rewrite
to redirect http requests for the admin area to an https URL. I'm
guessing I can tweak the Dovecot-supplied certificate generation script
to do one for Apache to use. Or even use the same one we're using for
IMAPS.

Of course, I've also been intending on poking at reconfiguring logwatch
to summarize RBL messages from the maillog. Haven't gotten to it yet.

--
Ok, so we should be thinking of a lovable, cuddly, stuffed penguin
sitting down after having gorged itself on herring. Still with me?