[clue-admin] [Fwd: changing website]

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Fri May 14 17:47:35 MDT 2010

Jed S. Baer wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2010 14:27:24 -0600
> todd trichler wrote:
>
>> I would be opposed to rolling our own - when there are so many off the
>> shelf that would just work for our purposes.
>
> I would like to see actual proposals which address the requirements. Of
> course, in order for that to happen, we need to have a finished set of
> requirements.

What we have works perfectly well for my needs.  But in order to express an opinion about new
applications I'd need to see features vs. requirements as well.  Use cases would also be helpful.

Do we think this site will be open to the general membership?

So here's mine (probably not very use-casey):

The events coordinator enters the date and location of the next installfest.  The web site displays:

- some information is relatively constant and should be displayed always

- some information is specific to location, only the relevant information should be displayed

- the date is specific to that event, as well as some detail like whether the date is confirmed

The above are listed in increasing frequency of change.

Each week for 4 weeks before the event the events coordinator sends an announcement to CLUE-announce
and BLUG.  The announcement "always" contains information that can be turned into a calendar
appointment.  The rest of the announcement varies each time.

HTH,