[clue-admin] VPS Renewal

David L. Anselmi anselmi at anselmi.us
Tue Nov 9 18:22:56 MST 2010

David L. Willson wrote:
> Bring on the flurry of noise and outrage! Bring on the questions! Bring on the huffing and
> curmudgeonliness, the inertia, and techno-troglo-snobbery! Bring on the nothing, the lack of
> change, and stagnation!

First: shut up, troll. :-P

> I vote we do something different this year. And I don't even care what, just so there's a little
> smoke or fire somewhere... Shoot, we're a technical club, for crying out loud, we're supposed to
> be early adopters!

"If I'd learnt one thing from travelling, it was that the way to get things done was to go ahead and
do them. Don't talk about going to Borneo. Book a ticket, get a visa, pack a bag, and it just
happens." — Alex Garland (The Beach)

To vote is to talk.  *Calling* a vote might be a different story.

But seriously.  Could we use cloud computing for our web site?  I've been asked about a cloud
computing installfest, which I know nothing about.  But if we could move our site to "the cloud" I'd
have a reason to learn.