[clue-admin] CLUE steering meeting

dennisjperkins at comcast.net dennisjperkins at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 15:42:19 MST 2010

We might have a second meeting too. Regarding our current setup, I know we have an email server and a web server and something written in PHP. Drupal is written in PHP and needs a database; either MySQL or PostgreSQL will do. If we migrate, what needs to be moved?

I don't know what Sean's setup is yet. That is why I asked him to provide information. I think he hosts for a number of businesses, hopefully from some business facility. He uses Proxmox for VMs, and he said it has a Drupal module.

I've been experimenting with Drupal, but I should ask if Greg would be willing to get involved. I want certain people to be able to make their own edits: the speaker coordinator and Dave Anselmi are two that should be able to. I want forums. Dave Anselmi wants a blog and it can do that too, but I don't know if I want every member to have one. There are a number of modules that can be added but not everything needs to be done at once.

I want to see about having the forums and mailing lists work together. That might be the most difficult part.

I want a set of procedures drawn up for maintaining the site, so it is easier for anyone to take over.