[clue-admin] CLUE hosting requirements

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Tue Jan 4 12:35:56 MST 2011

----- Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote: -----

> Dennis, Gus and I have agreed to work on the website revitalization
> (Drupal). It would be really nice if someone would step up to the
> plate and handle research, polling, etc. for the future site hosting
> so that we don't get all in a dither in 6 months when the current
> agreement ends.
>
> 1. Do we want an "external professional" paid service?
> 2. Do we want a member provided "free but professional" service?
> 3. etc., etc.
>
> When the website revitalization is complete, we will have a fully
> documented, portable solution that can be moved anywhere that PHP,
> Apache, Database, Drupal are available. I presume that the mailman
> solution is also quite portable, but that needs to be documented.

As a Plan A still Linux ETC should have a VPS hosting setup for others available and is willing to donate a VPS for such.  Thinking 10GB HDD, 512MB to 1GB RAM, 1 static IP should be fine.  Just need to know a distribution of preference (I would learn towards Ubuntu 10.04LTS for ease of upgrade purposes vs. CentOS which would require mounting an ISO image).

Plan B...stick with VPSLink another 6 months. *shudders*

Plan C...open to ideas here.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA
voice:  +1.303.604.2550
web:    http://www.linux-etc.com

NOTICE:  This email is intended for the named recipient(s) only, and contains information that is proprietary and/or confidential. Do not forward or post this email without first obtaining my specific prior approval. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply and delete the subject email.