[clue-admin] CLUE hosting requirements

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Jan 5 12:41:08 MST 2011

----- grant at amadensor.com wrote: -----
> > Questions:
> >
> > 1. Why can you upgrade to Ubuntu 10.04 without mounting an ISO, but
> > not
> > CentOS?
> >

> Related question:
>
> What are teh advantages/disadvantages when looking at Ubuntu LTS vs
> Debian Stable (actually, maybe Squeeze at this point since it is almost st
> stable)

It is also possible if desired.  Goes along the lines of long term administration desires from the "server admin team" (Jed, David A., and myself).  I think Jeff Cann with the former physical CLUE server box had CentOS, so we went in that direction when it was migrated to VPSLink to keep everyone on the same page relatively speaking.  However, if the majority wants to go with "distribution xyz", I am open to discussions on such.

>From the Linux ETC perspecitve we have been focusing out clients on Ubuntu or CentOS server wise for long term sustainability.  Internally we use Gentoo for our own systems.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court