[clue-admin] Drupal7 to be release rsn

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Jan 5 12:25:38 MST 2011

---- Dennis J Perkins <djperkins77 at gmail.com> wrote: -----
> On Wed, 2011-01-05 at 01:00 -0600, Collins Richey wrote:
>
> > snippet from http://drupal.org/planet .
> >
> > "After two and half years of the blood, sweat, and tears of hundreds
> > of developers ? Drupal 7?s release is merely days away. To mark the
> > occasion, user groups from all over the world are celebrating as
> > Drupalistas know best ? with a party.
> >
> > 238 parties to be exact, in over 80 countries. This should be proof
> > enough that Drupal enthusiasts are a little more than excited about
> > January 7, 2011."
>
> My sister told me last night that some meetup site announced a Drupal
> 7 release party.

As a conservative approach, I would recommend sticking with v6.x (v6.20 is the latest IIRC) and doing a migration from there after things settle down some with the v7.x release.  Though I do not expect the CLUE site to have a ton of extra modules or "bells and whistles", walking instead of running approaches generally save headaches in the long run.  I suspect Drupal v6.x will be continued to be supported for a while along with themes and modules made for v6.x.

With that said, there is no reason not to have a "test" site with v7.x of Drupal and a "live" site with v6.x of Drupal either. ;-)

FWIW.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court