[clue-admin] CLUE VPS user accounts (was: CLUE hosting requirements)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Sun Jan 9 13:39:11 MST 2011

----- Collins Richey <crichey at gmail.com> wrote: -----
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 9:16 PM, David L. Anselmi <anselmi at anselmi.us>
> wrote:
> > Collins Richey wrote:
> >> Debian squeeze (the next stable) does offer PHP 5.5.3 which would
> >> be
> >> better fit if we go with Drupal7 (still not certain). I'm willing
> >> help in whatever way needed (distro neutral) , but I was bumped out
> >> of
> >> the server admin list sometime earlier.
> >
> > You said that when we were discussing mailing list changes but you
> > still have an account on the
> > server so I'm not sure what you mean.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> When the latest round of work on the server began a few months ago, in
> spite of my request, Crawford refused to renew my password. I doubt
> that anything has changed since then.

That is correct because I was informed that Jed was the web site admin, David A. was the Mailman admin, and Dennis being CLUE President.  Max/Matt (I forget the first name) Allen was also given an account to be taking over for Jed, but that did not happen and was thus locked out.  I rather not have folks "tinker" with a live system that is functioning for CLUE's web site and email services.  If folks want a "sandbox", that is a different system entirely, and not the CLUE server itself IMHO.

For the Drupal system version of the CLUE site, put in a particular request for a specific module and/or theme, and it will go through the ranks on being approved.  If it is not needed, it will not be installed.  Simple enough.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA