[clue-admin] Upcoming Meeting Topics

Wed Jan 12 12:38:12 MST 2011

Dennis: for the website.

All: for your enjoyment, and inviting others to presentations that will kick ass.

February = Matt Dew on the X.org project

Matt writes the documentation.

March = Rick Burton on the awesome connected-ness/presence features of Ubuntu

April = Lori Spencer, topic is TBA, but might be "How to troubleshooting fornicating, stupid-ass modules that never seem to work properly so you can finally use your WWAN card and your WLAN card and your Wacom artist pad."

Lori is a 10-year veteran of VMS and various Unixen and a two-year hardcore Linux user/admin/teacher/proselytizer/anti-Windows gal.

May = TBA

June = Will Sterling, topic is TBA, but might be "What rocks and what sucks about Linux, when compared to it's true brethren, the Unixenses."

Will is a ???-year hard-core Unix guy. He knows more Unixes than ... He knows lots, and he's actually, really smart with all of them, and with Windows Server, and with Linux (technically, just another Unix, right?) which is a little scary sometimes, but it's great to have his help on projects that involve more than just one thing.

Nothing beyond June yet, but Mike Burton and I are going to work on getting VMware booked, and I'd like to have Jeff Haemer out at some point to talk about Amazon Web Services and Crawford to talk about BBB (Big Blue Button, a presentation Will might actually come to), and Dave Anselmi has a mess of contacts to tap (Zooko? What kind of name is Zooko?).

It is my intention to deliver "How to do technical presentations that suck less." as a series of short talks in the old KISS window (6:30pm to 7PM).

I'll start in February with :

"Integrity and Energy - The game is usually won by the guy who shows up, on time, shouting passionately about something or other that you too ought to be very excited about."

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.