[clue-admin] Notes from CLUE meeting of 2011-01-11

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at linux-etc.com
Wed Jan 12 12:31:52 MST 2011

----- "David L. Willson" <DLWillson at TheGeek.NU> wrote -----

> Crawford: Would you please make the appropriate adjustments to the
> email aliases "webmaster", etc., or have someone else do it, or let me
> know that Dave Anselmi is Postmaster? Also, I suppose an announcement
> should go out on -Announce with the 2011 team. Yes?

Done.  I will send some verification ones shortly for a "waldo check" as well.

<...snipped...>

> A good question was asked about why we don't do more in terms of using
> free services, like Google/Facebook/Meetup/etc... I think we need to
> think about that. Having a central thing is good, but that doesn't
> mean we shouldn't extend the club's presence as far as possible. This
> is my current recommendation: Create presence in Meetup, etc, but
> reularly refer to the website (cluedenver.org) as "the one
> authoritative thing" so that if the driver of the Facebook (or
> whatever) presence loses their motivation, the outdated stuph still
> refers the reader to the club's home.

I would recommend such, but I would also suggest getting CLUE's web site "Drupalized" first.  I believe there are Drupal modules for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and such as well to help assist here.

--- Crawford

The Linux ETC Company
10121 Yates Court
Westminster, CO 80031 USA