[clue-admin] Future Web Site

Dan Kulinski daniel at kulinski.net
Wed Feb 15 10:46:01 MST 2012

Alright, now you guys have me curious.  How would a distributed site work?

Yesterday Dave was talking about distribution via git.  This is easy enough
to implement and git is a pretty well documented version control system.  I
use git to handle all my AVR code for my lasertag project.  My concern is,
if we have X amount of people hosting the site and an update is released
via git, how do we guarantee that the latest version is pushed out to all
sites?  Do we even care?

If it is just a static site, this is an easy task and a DNS round robin
works well enough.  I would suggest setting a low TTL on the DNS records so
downed hosts can be purged and quickly removed from the round robin.

Of course updates to the site would be done in the current CMS system,
which sounds more like a theme/framework than a true CMS.  This of course
is a higher barrier of entry than something like Drupal.

Dan Kulinski